Skip to main content

Year 2013

Snapshot of the last 365 days- the good, the bad and the ugly
Lived in: Kentucky, US

  • Random shit of the year- Losing  job
  • Heartbreak of the year- Losing Penny
  • Sucky moments- Not doing well in an exam that was important and coming to terms with my own physiological limitations
  • Happy moments- Brother in law's engagement and birth of my niece 
  • Good deeds of this year- The annual Nanhi Kali sponsorship, the yearly donation to cancer charity and funding Jill Andrews's project on Kickstarter
  • New skills learned- Baking cake from scratch thanks to my blogger friend SA and also learned to make some really kick ass Mojitos. I need to mention that my mum discovered the magic of smartphones and has suddenly become very tech savvy
  • Materialistic possessions of this year- my Tag Heuer and our BMW X1
  • New Music/Band discovery-  Jill Andrews, Leonie Casanova and Imagine Dragons. 
  • Good Books- I read couple of books this year but nothing special really( Manuscript found in Accra, Inferno, And the mountains echoed, Lean In, The Art of Zen and Motorcycle Maintenance are some of the books I can think of on top of my mind)
  • First time experience- Camping
  • New places traveled- I flew to California and took a road trip with my girlfriends to Calistoga in Oct and then I and Abhi drove down to Florida during the Christmas break. We went to Daytona beach, Everglades National Park, Miami and the southern most point in US- Key West. It was the longest road trip we have done till date, we drove around 2500 miles or almost 4,000 Kms in a span on 4/5 days.This experience was also special cause we did it on the spur of moment. We didn't plan ahead and did travel reservations on the way. In hindsight that was not a very efficient way to travel, but hey we got to see new places!
  • Things I wish I did- While in Calistoga, I and a friend of mine came very close to doing skydiving but at the last moment had to change our plans.
  • Goals achieved- I wanted to lose weight, although I did not set a target but I did manage to lose some 6 odd kgs. I started exercising in June and wasn't all that regular, but I tried eating heatlhy and exercising at least couple of months this year. 
“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending "

So the things I want to do in 2014-

  • Figure out how to become financially independent  
  • Lose 10 Kgs
  • Start swimming again
  • Travel to at least one new place
  • Learn one new skill
  • Accept random shit happens and become the person I want to be.
 

Comments

SA said…
Hey!!! I am so honored to be a part of this list :)
Well keep the faith! 2014 is going to be really kickass for all of us!

Msg me on Whatsapp Dud!
Priyanca said…
Amen to that :)
Red Handed said…
Your Good deeds make me proud of u!!!!!
and May u loose that 10 kilos!!!
btw, how can anyone follow u...i m not able to find the follow me button.
Priyanca said…
To be honest I didn't think of the follow me button becuase I just assumed no one reads this blog- except maybe one or two odd people. But since you asked, I have added the Google+followers button. Hope thats the way to go about it..
Also I wanted to share something that we have in common- I too lost around 16 Kgs when I was around your age and in the same boat ( marriage pressure stuff) but in last 4 years I have gained all the weight that I lost (terrible lazy of me) but yeah, thanks for the support :)