Skip to main content

Year 2015


Highlights of 2015-
Lived in :Tennessee (67%), New Jersey (8%) and Illinois (25%), US

For the first time, I lived with a room mate
  • Lived in new cities, New Jersey and Chicago
  • Skydived over Wisconsin farmlands. The most exhilarating couple secs of my life, suspended between gush of high blowing wind, and soaking in the peace of floating in the air. It makes you an addict.
  • Saw five back to back movies, starting with first show in the morning 11am until evening 10ish. This was one of the bucket list things
  • Stumbled across the works of Edgar Degas at MET, and immediately fell in love with his art.
  • As part of our internship experience, we decided to march in the pride parade at Chicago. The experience was amazing.I realized that validation matters, and so does getting the free stuff. Alcohol is not allowed, and one gets high on the love, support, and energy. It was electric.
  • Traveled to France and Switzerland. The laid back nature of the French and the undescribable beauty of Switzerland has lit a new desire of living in Europe in my nomadic heart
  • Holidayed at Martha's Vineyard (it's strictly alrite)
  • Saw a play, (Christmas Carol) at Clarence Brown Theater. Loved the experience
  • Graduated with an M.B.A and got a job I love.
  • Watched a school basketball game
  • Most of the year was spent reading textbooks and case studies, but when I did manage to find sometime, I read: The Little Prince, Perlmann's Silence, The Girl on the Train, The Catcher in the Rye, The Agony and the Ecstasy (a biographical novel of Michelangelo, half finished), Toba Tek Singh.The one I enjoyed the most was Tracks by Robyn Davidson
  • After finishing school and before moving away from Tennessee, I decided to go camping (alone) in the Blue Ridge Mountains. It was peaceful and slightly unnerving. I liked the peace, but only for a day. Spent a night in a secluded cabin and returned back the next day, cutting short my two nights plan (I ran out of food and the nearest grocery store was 50 miles away!)
  • Took a day trip to Atlanta with a friend. "Gone with the Wind" is one of my favorite novels, and I was really happy that we toured Margaret Mitchell's house. We also stopped by Martin Luther King's birthplace (one of the things you do in Atlanta).
  • To remember- “I had learnt what love was. That love wanted the best possible for those you cared for even if that excluded yourself. That before, I had wanted to possess people without loving them, and now I could love them and wish them the best without needing them.” 


    Comments